This striking and shimmering ring was created in the 1930s.
For more information about this ring, read below...
This ring is constructed from silver. The band has been increased in size at some point with 9ct gold. The ring features a central turquoise heart. It is surrounded by a halo of small, round Marcasites. The inside of the band is stamped '9ct & SIL'. This ring is a UK size 'Q 1/2'.
A Short History...
The use of marcasite in jewellery dates from the late 1700s. It is the mineral iron pyrites and, when faceted and polished, sparkles like diamonds. It was extrememly popular in jewellery design during the roaring Twenties and Deco Thirties, as an affordable alternative to the fashion for pieces encrusted in diamonds.
Wear it With...
This silver ring is perfect for stacking with others.
The jewellery within the Gemma Redmond Vintage collection has survived to this day because it has been well cared for throughout its lifetime. It is important to continue to care for the jewellery that you buy from us to ensure its continued preservation. Here are some suggestions:
- Be sure to store your jewellery within the boxes that we provide to ensure that it is protected. This is especially important when travelling with your pieces.
- Try not to get perfume or hairspray on your items. These liquids can damage the materials that our jewellery is made from.
- Try not to drop your jewellery or catch your jewellery against hard surfaces. If this happens over time, the findings and fixings can loosen and wear.
- Try not to get your jewellery wet. Some costume jewellery manufacturers utilised water soluble glue in the making of their pieces. Getting your jewellery wet could cause rhinestones and other details to fall away over time.
- If you wish to clean your jewellery, use a soft polishing cloth or a soft brush.