These rare examples of mid-century Napier jewellery were created in 1958.
For more information about this jewellery set, read below...
This gold plated jewellery set features earrings and a ring. The pieces are detailed with a square cut, amethyst coloured rhinestone. The rhinestones are surrounded by a halo of small, round, colourless rhinestones and a halo of small, round, turquoise glass cabochons. The earrings are clip on. They measure 2cm x 2cm. The ring is a UK size 'N 1/2'. The inside of the ring is stamped 'JOMAZ' with a copyright symbol.
A Short History...
Glamourous and affordable rhinestone and glass cabochon jewellery was still prevelant in the 1960s, even though the post-war necessity for it had obviously waned. Featuring stones incorporated into bold designs, this form of jewellery was referred to as 'cocktail' because it was commonly worn to a way of gathering together that was becoming increasingly popular - the cocktail party.
Wear it With...
This jewellery set would look stylish worn with jewel tones for day or evening. Pair with a deep purple jumpsuit.
The jewellery within the Gemma Redmond Vintage collection has survived to this day because it has been well cared for throughout its lifetime. It is important to continue to care for the jewellery that you buy from us to ensure its continued preservation. Here are some suggestions:
- Be sure to store your jewellery within the boxes that we provide to ensure that it is protected. This is especially important when travelling with your pieces.
- Try not to get perfume or hairspray on your items. These liquids can damage the materials that our jewellery is made from.
- Try not to drop your jewellery or catch your jewellery against hard surfaces. If this happens over time, the findings and fixings can loosen and wear.
- Try not to get your jewellery wet. Some costume jewellery manufacturers utilised water soluble glue in the making of their pieces. Getting your jewellery wet could cause rhinestones and other details to fall away over time.
- If you wish to clean your jewellery, use a soft polishing cloth or a soft brush.