This stylish parure was created in the 1980s. It features a brooch and clip on earrings.
To learn more about this parure, read below...
This silver tone metal necklace, bracelet and earrings set is detailed with square cut, clear paste stones. Each piece features a buckle design which is detailed with small, round and baguette cut, clear paste stones. The earrings feature a screw-back mechanism. They measure 2cm x 1.25cm. The necklace and bracelet each fasten with a fish hook clasp. The bracelet features a safety chain and the bracelet measures 18cm. The necklace measures 35.5cm in length and is a choker style.
A Short History...
During the 1920s and early 1930s, jewellery was influenced by the dawn of a new era. There was a push for all things modern after the shock of the First World War - people wanted to be cleansed of the old and celebrate the new. In the world of design a pure, hard-edged style was craved. This resulted in linear, geometric and symmetrical jewellery designs, as can be seen in this beautiful jewellery set.
Wear it With...
This set is perfect for evening wear or a special occasion. It would look beautiful with a little black dress, but equally chic with a bridal gown.
The jewellery within the Gemma Redmond Vintage collection has survived to this day because it has been well cared for throughout its lifetime. It is important to continue to care for the jewellery that you buy from us to ensure its continued preservation. Here are some suggestions:
- Be sure to store your jewellery within the boxes that we provide to ensure that it is protected. This is especially important when travelling with your pieces.
- Try not to get perfume or hairspray on your items. These liquids can damage the materials that our jewellery is made from.
- Try not to drop your jewellery or catch your jewellery against hard surfaces. If this happens over time, the findings and fixings can loosen and wear.
- Try not to get your jewellery wet. Some costume jewellery manufacturers utilised water soluble glue in the making of their pieces. Getting your jewellery wet could cause rhinestones and other details to fall away over time.
- If you wish to clean your jewellery, use a soft polishing cloth or a soft brush.