These rare examples of mid-century Napier jewellery were created in 1958.
For more information about this jewellery set, read below...
This silver tone metal dress clip and clip on earrings set features faceted blue mirror glass panels. They are molded into star shapes and claw set. The reverse of the clip and earrings are stamped '187'. The clip is also stamped 'Tomeco Slovaquie', which means it was manufactured in Czechoslovakia. The dress clip measures 4.5cm x 4.5cm. Each earring measures 2cm x 2cm.
A Short History...
Glass has been a prevelant feature of costume pieces since the invention of jewellery. An easily accessible material that can be formed into any shape and dyed any colour. Glass was heavily used in 1920s and 1930s pieces, such as this set, because it could be dyed in a vast array of colours to meet the need for affordable jewellery after the Great War and the Depression. This set features highly sought after mirror glass, which was commonly produced in Czechoslovakia during the Art Deco era and molded in different shapes with a silvered backing.
Wear it With...
This set is perfect for evening wear - it would look beautiful with a little black dress. It would add a pop of colour to casual looks too - pair with a jewelcoloured silk shirt.
The jewellery within the Gemma Redmond Vintage collection has survived to this day because it has been well cared for throughout its lifetime. It is important to continue to care for the jewellery that you buy from us to ensure its continued preservation. Here are some suggestions:
- Be sure to store your jewellery within the boxes that we provide to ensure that it is protected. This is especially important when travelling with your pieces.
- Try not to get perfume or hairspray on your items. These liquids can damage the materials that our jewellery is made from.
- Try not to drop your jewellery or catch your jewellery against hard surfaces. If this happens over time, the findings and fixings can loosen and wear.
- Try not to get your jewellery wet. Some costume jewellery manufacturers utilised water soluble glue in the making of their pieces. Getting your jewellery wet could cause rhinestones and other details to fall away over time.
- If you wish to clean your jewellery, use a soft polishing cloth or a soft brush.